The Iceman Sayeth

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I love long weekends. Tomorrow is Presidents Day, so I don't have to report to work until Tuesday. Having three days to lounge around is good for the soul, and it somehow allows you to squeeze more leisure into your off-time.

Friday night, for instance, we had Yvonne, Jen and her friend Nilar over for no other reason than to have fun. We ate good food and laughed a lot. Yvonne is test-driving some essential oil stuff on Sean and myself, so we smell like lavender and peppermint these days. Saturday, we got up early and met some acquaintances at a coffee shop down in Alexandria. Then home to lounge. Cat's boyfriend Bryan had a house-warming party last night so we made an appearance there, of course. This morning, we were up super early to do the grocery shopping for the week. Yes, we shop once a week, and spend no more than $70 or IKR 5000 on a week's worth of food - welcome to America! Niiiiice. Tonight we are heading out to dinner at a very nice restaurant downtown. Tomorrow Cat and I are doing lunch and a movie, and then Sean and I are invited to Jen's for a quesadilla dinner party. Again: I love three-day weekends.

I had the misfortune to see Silent Hill this week. Yuck. Let's hope that watching Cars and Clerks II will wash off the awfulness. Sean and I both want to see Breach, but I think that's because it's a DC movie. They even shot scenes at the building where I work!

Long weekends also allow me to make food to use later in the week. This time, I made two things. Jen brought some asparagus over on Friday. I used those leftovers to make a delicious asparagus soup. I also made some meatballs (ground beef, bread crumbs, tomato paste, garlic, basil, red wine, gorgonzola) and threw them in the freezer. I look forward to having those with some spaghetti and tomato-vodka sauce.

Also, for those who have Skype, please look me up - the screen name is asgeir.and.sean. It's free, so use it!!!

OK - gotta go have some delicious food at the Blue Duck Tavern.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home